Today we had our first painting session in a long time. I mixed up powder paints given to us from The Correspondence School Pre-school. I put the paints in used yeast plastic containers and sat them into a cut down photocopier paper box. I made dividers in the box to keep the paint containers apart. Each paint container had its own brush. First the children experimented with the media. Next I modeled by painting my own scene of house, tree etc. Then they tried to paint actual objects too. It was a big clean up afterwards – I had to put Jon and Lily in the bath. Joseph sat in his highchair and watched.