True contentment is not doing what makes us happy but being happy in what we do. For my last day in my thirties I decided to write down all the things that made me laugh (or giggle).
1. David built a random sentence generator using Apple Script on the computer. It made funny sentences.
2. When David said “Hello my little brother” to Joseph in Latin, Joseph looked at him and said “NO!”
3. Three year old Lily spontaneously broke into a song and dance about poos.
4. David started to play his violin. I glanced into the lounge to see him playing it wearing safety glasses.
5. Joshua made me giggle with gushy motherness when he smiled and cooed at me.
When other children found out what I was doing they tried to make me laugh too. It was a good day seeing funny things in the ordinary.