This morning four children made sewn boxes. Here is how….
1. First cut 6 cardboard squares. Ours measured 8cm x 8cm
2. Colour them any way you want. We used coloured paper squares which were pasted on and left to dry by fire.
3. Punch holes all around the edges. We had 7 holes on each side.
4. Thread needle with yarn and sew squares together. Tie the yarn onto a punched hole to begin. We started with the bottom square and sewed the walls of the box to this base first. This is the hardest part for the littler children. I held the cards together for 3 year old Joseph. Matthew held it together for 5 year old Lily. When you almost run out of yarn on the needle tie it off tightly and thread up more yarn.
5. Leave the lid unsewn on three sides so the box can open up.